Celestial Dragon Academy
This will be fun. By joining this academy you have already made a great decision and everything that comes afterwards will be even better. the first few things you want to do is make an introdution and get tested to be put in a dorm after that its up to you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Celestial Dragon Academy
This will be fun. By joining this academy you have already made a great decision and everything that comes afterwards will be even better. the first few things you want to do is make an introdution and get tested to be put in a dorm after that its up to you.

Celestial Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
niquon715 (1803)
A Guide To Gishki. Voting_barA Guide To Gishki. Voting_barA Guide To Gishki. Voting_bar 
jaylan999 (400)
A Guide To Gishki. Voting_barA Guide To Gishki. Voting_barA Guide To Gishki. Voting_bar 
[finalpain]Alpha (400)
Sand Gambler (298)
Megablaster101 (231)
vitthiuga (198)
pawprint891 (190)
Kazami10 (189)
puzzelmaster (175)
Icaros (162)

A Guide To Gishki.

Go down

A Guide To Gishki. Empty A Guide To Gishki.

Post by niquon715 Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:26 am

Introduction

The Gishki (or Ritua in the OCG) are a series of Water monsters that revolve around recycling resources for Ritual Summons, a long forgotten mechanic making a comeback. Their Ritual Monsters are all Aqua Effect monsters that utilize various disruption and anti-setup methods, most of which involve returning cards back to the Deck. Their main debut was in Duel Terminal 5, and will be widely available in "Hidden Arsenal 5 - Steelswarm Invasion!", alongside the Steelswarm, Gusto, Laval, Gem-Knight, and Vylon archetypes. They also gained support in "Generation Force" and "Photon Shockwave", as well as the upcoming Duel Terminal 6 and eventually 7 as well.

Members

Gishki

Gishki Abyss
** WATER
800/500
Fish/Effect
"When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Gishki" monster with 1000 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand, except "Gishki Abyss"."

First monster up is this shark-looking guy. He can grab most of the Gishki that you would want to search for-especially Shadow or Vision, but more on them later-and it doesn't matter where he's Summoned from or how. This leads to various ways to consistently +1 off of him, either by just plain Normal Summoning him or by pulling him from the Graveyard with Beast or a Reborn. He's also Level 2 for Gachi Gachi, but it's too bad he isn't a Sea Serpent, which makes Diva sad. Run as many as you can.

Gishki Beast
**** WATER
1500/300
Beast/Effect
"When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Gishki" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position."

One of the imports in Photon Shockwave, this one is truly a beast. His effect allows him to pull out an Abyss for +1 shenanigans, or another Level 4 Gishki for an Xyz summon. If you also decide to run a Genex Ally Birdman, you could Summon Beast to grab a Level 4, bounce Beast to summon Birdman, and then Synchro into Gungnir or another Level 7 of your choice! Run 2-3.

Gishki Ariel
**** WATER
1000/1800
Spellcaster/Effect
"FLIP: You can add 1 "Gishki" monster from your Deck to your hand."

If you look at her picture, she looks awfully familiar...
Anyway, her effect is quite decent as a searcher before the release of Vision Gishki. Note the absence of a Level or stat restriction like the previous two. This means that, if needed, you can search for one of the Ritual Gishki monsters! She combos fairly well with Beast+Birdman as she can make Gungnir or even Arcanite Magician, as well as can be abused by Wind-Up Zenmaister like every other Flip-Efffect Monster. And 1800 DEF isn't too shabby either, enough to maybe last an attack early game. Run 1-3 pre-DT06/HA06, 0-1 afterward.

Gishki Vanity
** WATER
1000/800
Aqua/Effect
"During your Main Phase, you can discard this card to activate this effect. This turn, your opponent cannot activate Spells, Traps, Spell/Trap effects, or Monster Card effects when a "Gishki" Ritual monster is Ritual Summoned, or when a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card is activated."

I feel like this card is good-and I know it is-but there isn't that much going for it. Sure, you get a stun on everything when you Ritual Summon or play the Spell, but it doesn't stop stuff after that. Your opponent could still potentially activate a D-Prison later on. And it is pretty funny to let them Warning your Soul Ogre (more on him later) and do some stuff to get him back in the same turn. Ahh, that feeling...Oh right, it's Vanity we're talking about. Run 0-1, side if you want.

Gishki Chain
**** WATER
1800/1000
Sea Serpent/Effect
"When this card is Normal Summoned: Look at the top 3 cards of your Deck. If there is a Ritual Monster or a Ritual Spell card among those cards; you can reveal it and add it to your handand reuturn any other cards to the top of the Deck in any order."

First off, it's an 1800 beater. Then it gets a Duality-esque effect that lets you grab Ritual stuff you may need. Finally, it lets you set your hand for the next 0-3 turns! Also note that it doesn't specify that these cards must be Gishki cards, so you other Ritual decks get a boost too! I may be over-exaggerating him a bit, but he is fairly decent. He can also be searched with Abyss. Run 0-2.

Gishki Marker
**** WATER
1600/1200
Aqua/Effect
"When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Gishki" Ritual monster or a "Gishki" Ritual Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand."

Well, I dunno why this card exists really. I believe it could get back used Forbidden Arts or Duplicate Soul Mirrors, but there is really no point to this unless you really need one of those or an Aquamirror badly. Since Aquamirror recycles itself and a Ritual Monster, I think this card is outclassed unless in a dire situation, especially since he isn't an Abyss target. I've never needed this card when I tested it, and probably never will. Run 0, 1 as a tech if you like it.

Gishki Eater
** WATER
500/800
Fish/Effect
"When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, while you control another face-up "Gishki" monster: You can target 1 monster you control other than this card; return it to the hand."

What.
Just run Abyss.

Gishki Mollusk
**** WATER
1700/900
Aqua/Effect
"When this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck and return them to the top or bottom of your Deck in any order."

This guy confuses me. I can see where he would be used though. He scrys the Deck, and either sets your draws or bottom-Decks them. One word-Gishkisworn. He gets his effect if he's milled, and can pre-destine the next draw and mill hits, or can protect cards you don't want milled. Run 0 in normal builds, 0-3 in Lightsworn hybrid.

Gishki Diviner
*** WATER
1200/800
Sea Serpent/Effect
"Once per turn: You can declare 1 card name, reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is the declared card, add it to your hand. Otherwise, return it to the top of the Deck."

And somehow we got an Archfiend's Oath with a body and no cost. Also the only Gishki to date with an odd Level. Rather meh, but works well if you used Gishki Chain or Avance recently. One of the only things it has going for it: One, it's a Level 3, and two, it's a Sea Serpent. You guessed it-Deep Sea Diva! Summon Diva and tutor Diviner, use Diviner's effect (most often I just shoot in the dark when I guess, I got it right once), and then Synchro for your Level 5 of choice! Run 0-2, based on Diva count and preference.

Gishki Emilia
**** WATER
1600/800
Spellcaster/Spirit
"This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up while you control another face-up "Gishki" monster, negate the effects of Trap Cards on the field, until the End Phase."

Kinda like a Trap Stun. I'd rather run Trap Stun than waste a Normal Summon. I do like how she's a random Spirit monster though. Run 0.

Gishki Noelia
**** WATER
1700/1000
Spellcaster/Effect
"When this card is Normal Summoned: reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck. If there is a Ritual Spell Card or a "Gishki" monster among these cards; Send that card(s) to the Graveyard. Return the other cards to the bottom of your Deck in any order."

I can see this card working okay in a Gishki-Lightsworn variant, but besides that, not much else. It's a 1700 semi-beater that helps set the Graveyard for later plays. I see this card as almost the opposite of Chain, but that's not a bad thing. Run 0-1.

Gishki Avance
**** WATER
1500/800
Spellcaster/Effect
"Once per turn: You can select 1 "Gishki" Monster in your Deck and place it on top of your Deck."

Soooo...A slow Ariel. That won't stay for too long with that ATK. I don't see the need for it, but I may be mislead. He is a potential Beast target, and he can use his effect before you Xyz/Synchro with him. Dunno, if you like him, use him. Recommended 0, 1 as a tech.

Gishki Shadow
**** WATER
1200/1000
Sea Serpent/Effect
"If you Ritual Summon a WATER Ritual Monster, this 1 card can be used as the entire Tribute. You can discard this card; add 1 "Gishki" Ritual Spell card from your Deck to your hand."

Saved the best for last! Not only can Shadow bring out any of the Ritual Monsters single-handedly, he can also add an Aquamirror/Forbidden Arts/Duplicate Soul Mirror to your hand to get the missing pieces of the puzzle to bring out the blue meanies. And at worst, he can be brought back by Beast to Rank 4 Xyz Summon. Is a must at 3.

Vision Gishki
** WATER
700/500
Sea Serpent/Effect
"If you Ritual Summon a WATER Ritual Monster, this 1 card can be used as the entire Tribute. You can discard this card; add 1 "Gishki" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand."

Okay, I saved the best two for last! Vision isn't out until DT06/HA06, and it'll really speed the Deck up after it comes to the TCG. It's virtually the same as Shadow barring stats, but it searches out a Ritual Monster instead. This solves the problem of how there isn't a reliable way to get them to the hand pre-DT06/HA06. Also, he's a Diva target; not like you'd really do that unless you wanted to go into Gachi or use him as Level 6 Ritual fodder and then Sychro with that Ritual for a Level 8 like Stardust or Scrap Dragon. Run 2-3.

Evigishki

Evigishki Mind Augus
****** WATER
2500/2000
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
"This card can only be Ritual Summoned with a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: Target up to 5 cards from either player's Graveyards; return them to the Deck(s)."

First Ritual is Mind Augus. It seems to be Ariel riding upon what seems to be a holy-hell-mutated Gishki Eater. Anyway, the effect is GODLY this meta, what with all these Graveyard reliant decks running around. Chaos trouble? Mix those LIGHTs and DARKs back in. Lightsworn getting you down? Spin those LS names so you never see JD. Treeborn keeps on coming back? Put him in his place. And if you need to, you can use it on your own Graveyard to get back used Salvages and Shadows/Visions. It isn't needed as much after DT06/HA06, and barely at all in the Hand Control variant. Run 1-3 pre-HA06, 0-2 post-HA06. It's also a good side deck post-HA06.

Evigishki Gustkrake
****** WATER
2400/1000
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
"Must first be Ritual Summoned with a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: Look at up to 2 random cards in your opponent's hand and shuffle 1 of them back into the Deck."

Wow. Awesome. Gustkrake is supposedly the Gishki and the Gusto coming together to fight the Vylons, and this effect is pretty good hand disruption wise. There's also a loop with this card (that requires Salvage/Mirrror Meditation) that can potentially empty your opponent's hand and leave them with little to nothing they can do. One time I opened with this against a Monarch deck and hit his Gorz. Screwed him for the whole duel. This card is almost staple at 1-3.

Evigishki Tetrogre
****** WATER
2600/2100
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
"This card can only be Ritual Summoned with a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn, you can declare a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap). Your opponent can discard 1 card from their hand to negate this card's effect. If they do not, each player sends 1 card of the declared type from their Deck to the Graveyard."

I think this card is a combination of Noelia and Vylon Tetrah, since Tetrah is basically the torso. I like how this card can run over typical 2500 attackers like Stardust, and the effect isn't too bad either. Declare Monster and drop a Gishki for setup, Shellfish for his effect, or a Ritual to return with Aquamirror. Declare Spell and pitch an Aquamirror for recycling shenanigans. Declare Trap...I dunno why you would do this, but if you run Traps that aren't important, go ahead. Bad against Dark World, since they'll ALWAYS choose the discard, unless you pick Monster without thinking and let them dump Grapha for free. Run 0-1, better to side this.

Evigishki Levianima
******** WATER
2700/1500
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
"Must first be Ritual Summoned with a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. When this card declares an attack: Draw 1 card and reveal it. If the card is a "Gishki" monster: Look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand."

Now we get into the big guys: the Level 8 Rituals. Levianima is a bit different from the other Evigishki; his effect doesn't hinder your opponent but instead lets you +1 off of every attack he makes! It doesn't even have to go through-Mirror Force could be activated, but you still get the draw (but not the peek if it is a Gishki since Levianima's gone. It's similar to Zombie Master if he's destroyed; You get the first part of the effect but not the second). Many people prefer to run Soul Ogre over him since they're both Level 8s for Trade-In fodder, but I recommend at least 1.

Evigishki Soul Ogre
******** WATER
2800/2800
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
"This card can only be Ritual summoned with a "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Gishki" monster to target 1 face-up card your opponents controls; return it to the Deck."

The other Level 8 is Soul Ogre. Since his ATK and DEF are equal, he can be used either as a monstrous beater that can kill contenders like Hyperion and Dark Armed Dragon, or as a disruptive wall. Most of the time the former is the better option. His effect is also fairly good, even if it is a +0. Being able to rid yourself of ANY face-up card is a godsend. Run 1-3.

Evigishki Merrowgeist
#### WATER
2100/1600
Aqua/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 monsters
"If this card destroys a monster by battle, after damage calculation: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; return that monster to the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard."

And we finally arrive at the first Xyz monster of the archetype. Yet another hint at the Gusto allying with the Gishki, Merrowgeist lets you put monsters that it destroyed back into the Deck. This makes things like Treeborn, Sangan, and any battle recruiter weep. This is quite situational however, and for most situations you'll find Utopia to be a better option. Run 0-1, siding 1 could also work.

Support

Themed

Gishki Aquamirror
Ritual Spell Card
"This card is used to Ritual Summon a "Gishki" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon. You can return this card from the Graveyard to the Deck to add 1 "Gishki" Ritual Monster from your Graveyard to your hand."

This is the main Ritual card that you should be using. Note that the Levels must be equal to the Ritual Monster you are summoning. However, this should not be an issue. All Gishki monsters have even Levels-besides Diviner- and you can use one Ritual monster as a Tribute to summon another Ritual! And the cornerstone of this card: IT CAN RECYCLE ITSELF AND A USED RITUAL. This is something no other Ritual-based deck can lay claim to. This card can lead to near endless Ritual Summons! RUN 3.

Gishki's Duplicate Soul Mirror
Ritual Spell Card
"This card is used to Ritual Summon 1 "Gishki" Ritual Monster. You must also pay 500 Life Points x the Level of the monster you are attempting to Summon."

This Ritual Spell is quite revolutionary, as it doesn't require Tributes, but instead a payment of Life Points. So this is what they mean by a "blood sacrifice". However, 3000 LP for a Level 6 and 4000 for a Level 8 is quite a hefty price to pay. I'd rather use Aquamirror. Run 1 if you like it, but in my opinion there really isn't a place for it.

Forbidden Arts of the Gishki
Ritual Spell Card
"This card is used to Ritual Summon a "Gishki" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from either side of the field whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon. The ATK of the monster Ritual Summoned by this effect is halved. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the same turn you activate this card."

Wait, did that just say from either side of the field? Yep, it sure did. We now have a Soul Exchange/Super Polymerization Ritual Spell! The best target for this summon is Soul Ogre, since he's the easiest to Summon at Level 8 and can just be thrown out in Defense Position so he won't be vulnerable with only 1400 ATK. This card is best sided at 2, but you can main 0-2 if you think it'll work for you. Also, this card is one of the best outs we have against Thunder King Rai-Oh.

Contact with the Aquamirror
Spell Card
"If you control a face-up WATER monster, activate 1 of these effects. If you control a face-up WATER Ritual Monster, you can activate both of these effects:

• Look at all Set cards in your opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zones.
  • Look at the top 2 cards of either players Deck and return them to the top of the Deck in any order."

This card technically isn't Gishki support but rather all-around WATER support, but come on. It has Aquamirror in the art and you get both effects if you control a WATER Ritual. Whatever the case, its a -1 and doesn't benefit you in any significant way. Run 0.

Ceremonial Mirror Meditation
Normal Trap Card
"Reveal 1 Ritual Spell Card in your hand to target 2 "Gishki" monsters in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand.

Basically a Trap version of Salvage. It's more vulnerable to destruction than the Spell counterpart, so I see no need to use this. Run 0.

Ceremonial Mirror of Illusion
Normal Trap
“Special Summon a “Gishki” Ritual Monster from your hand, ignoring the Summoning conditions. A Ritual Monster Summoned by this effect cannot attack. During the End Phase, return it to the hand.”

This card is subpar at best. Only use I see is to Summon Soul Ogre and use its effect since it can't attack. Run 0-1, preferably 0.

Outside Support

Monsters

Deep Sea Diva
-Searches for Diviner, Vision, or another Diva. Reliable way to make Gachi Gachi or a 5 star Synchro. Run 0-3.

Lost Blue Breaker/Airorca
-Diva targets with destruction effects. Either one works, just depends on which you prefer. Run 0-2 of either only if using Deep Sea Diva.
Genex Ally Birdman
-Decent 3 star Tuner used for making Gungnir, Arcanite, or Black Rose. Also can make 5 stars with Abyss/Vision. Run 0-2.
Summoner Monk
-Easy way to make Rank 4 Xyz like Merrowgeist or Utopia. Also a decent way to get those Aquamirror to the Graveyard. Run 0-2.
Various Lightsworn Monsters (Judgment Dragon, Ryko, etc.)
-If you want to run a hybrid pre-HA06, the LS milling engine is the way to go. Not too familiar with the archetype however, so I wouldn't know where to start. 

Spells

Salvage
-The whole deck is WATER Attribute and relies on recycling. There's no point running the deck without them. Most of the time your targets will be Shadow/Vision or Beast. Run 3. No questions.
Trade-In
-Since you'll be able to bring back those Soul Ogres/Levianima via Aquamirror, this card isn't bad as a draw engine. Run 0-3.
Surface
-Ideal for Summoning Abyss for a free search. Run 0-2.
Hand Destruction
-Excellent way to get free cards. Dump Aquamirror and a Ritual, draw 2, use Aquamirror's effect and recycle both cards you dropped. Run 0-2.
Various Lightsworn Spells (Solar Recharge, Charge of the Light Brigade)
-Use these in tandem with the LS monsters. Use Charge at 1 since it's Limited, but use whatever amount of Recharges you feel is best.

Traps

Fish Depth Charge
-Ideal for getting some destruction off of a used Abyss. Run 0-2.
Trap Dustshoot/Mind Crush/Spiritual Water Art – Aoi
-These cards are all great choice for hand disruption, however Dustshoot is probably the best option of the three. Gustkrake will eventually render these obsolete. Run 0-2, after Gustkrake's release 0-1.
Royal Decree
-Gishkis normally run low Trap counts, so if you like it, run it at 0-3. It may not be as good this format however.

Deck Variants
There aren't too many viable ways to play Gishki, but as they are a newer archetype, this is understandable. From my experience, here are the best:

Gishkisworn

• Utilizes the fast milling engine of the Lightsworns to get Aquamirrors and Ritual Monsters to the Graveyard for explosive mid-game plays. Also, as in any other LS hybrid, uses enough of the Lightsworn monsters to pull out Judgment Dragon. From what I've seen, this is the fastest and most consistent of the current builds pre-HA06.

Absolute Gishki

• Incorporates the Destiny HERO draw engine and some other HERO cards to create the opportunity to Summon Elemental HERO Absolute Zero. This is not only to abuse his infamous field-nuking effect, but also his lesser-used effect to gain 500 ATK for every WATER monster besides himself. And since the Gishki are all WATER monsters...

Pure Gishki

• As the name suggests, this build uses the core Gishki monsters and a few techs if necessary. Ranges from hand control builds with Gustkrake to Anti-Meta variants with Mind Augus to Level 8 Ritual Spam. As most of these “Pure” builds won't be very good until after HA06, you won't see much here except Mind Augus and Soul Ogre spamming,which at the moment Gishkisworn is better at.

Weaknesses
Ironically, the disruption strategies employed by these creatures of the deep are also highly effective against them. Here are some cards to look out for:

Any card that can remove from play or banish
-Without a Graveyard to pull resources from, our plays are successfully null and void. The monster banishers (Banisher of the Light, Banisher of the Radiance) are easily dispatched with generic destruction or simply by running them over with bigger monsters. Just don't use too many resources doing so. For the backrow banishing cards (Dimensional Fissure, Macro Cosmos) are a bit trickier; siding any MST's you aren't maining is a good idea and Heavy Storm works too. However, the best answer for these RFG cards is to side at least 2 Imperial Iron Wall and maybe a Miracle Dig or two.

Thunder King Rai-Oh and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
These two can be a thorn in the side of any Gishki Deck. They both stop you from Special Summoning-with Dyna long term and Rai-Oh once- and Thunder King prevents you from adding cards with Shadow/Vision. Dyna could just be run over by a Gishki Beast or Chain, but Rai-Oh is the issue. Best option is to use Forbidden Arts of the Gishki to get rid of it and make Soul Ogre out of it.

Naturia Beast and Naturia Landoise
- Beast is the bigger threat of the two, but I listed Landoise just because it can negate our effects, including Shadow/Vision searches. If Beast hits the field early game, you're screwed. He laughs at us while nearly half of our Deck is Spell reliant, which hurts us even more since we need our Ritual Spell to Summon anything amazing. Best out to Beast is to negate his Summon or Synchro/Xyz into something bigger than it.

Necrovalley
-The Gravekeepers themselves aren't as much of a threat as their DAMNED Field Spell. The only thing that can use its own effect in the Deck is Aquamirror, and you only get to return itself and not the Ritual Monster. It stops Salvage, Gishki Beast, and Mind Augus plays as well. Generic Spell and Trap destruction like MST and Heavy Storm are the best options for this. Another idea is to use the new PHSW card Murmur of the Forest. It is basically a Book of Moon (not a Quick-Play though) that lets you bounce a Field Spell on top of that! I may be glorifying it, but you can use this, and then do as many Graveyard plays as you can within the turn of freedom you have.
niquon715
niquon715
admin
admin

Posts Posts : 1803
Location Location : tampa,fl

https://celestialdragonz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down