Celestial Dragon Academy
This will be fun. By joining this academy you have already made a great decision and everything that comes afterwards will be even better. the first few things you want to do is make an introdution and get tested to be put in a dorm after that its up to you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Celestial Dragon Academy
This will be fun. By joining this academy you have already made a great decision and everything that comes afterwards will be even better. the first few things you want to do is make an introdution and get tested to be put in a dorm after that its up to you.

Celestial Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
niquon715 (1803)
Goyo Guardian Voting_barGoyo Guardian Voting_barGoyo Guardian Voting_bar 
jaylan999 (400)
[finalpain]Alpha (400)
Sand Gambler (298)
Megablaster101 (231)
vitthiuga (198)
pawprint891 (190)
Kazami10 (189)
puzzelmaster (175)
Icaros (162)

Goyo Guardian

3 posters

Go down

Goyo Guardian Empty Goyo Guardian

Post by niquon715 Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:02 am

Goyo Guardian TUp2Mpb
Well, it happened. One of the few Forbidden monsters everyone hoped to remain Forbidden is now plagued to return as a Limited card in the TCG for the upcoming July 13th, 2014 Forbidden/Limited list.

I've seen far too many posts and comments about this card specifically, effectively splitting the fan-base in half as to whether to love or hate this card coming back into the card game. So I'm creating this topic to allow you guys to discuss about this card.

So what makes this card so good? Well, just one look at the card should answer that question for you. A generic Level 6 Synchro monster, with 2800 ATK (if you need a comparison: The ATK value is equivalent to that of Crimson Blader and Scrap Dragon, both who are Level 8 Synchro monsters), and can effectively "steal" any monster that gets destroyed by battle with this card, should really be enough proof to justify this card's spot on the Forbidden list. That's not to mention that, nowadays, any deck that runs Level 4 monsters can easily splash in a T.G. Striker (thanks to two copies of ROTA) or a Plaguespreader Zombie and make this card in an instant.

However, I've also seen some people say that the game evolved to the point where this card has come back. From what I've seen mentioned, many say that there are multiple ways of dealing with this monster now as opposed to when the card was at it's prime (especially with one monster I've seen specifically mentioned, Number 101), and having to attack into your opponent in order to actually do anything practical can be quite dangerous, especially with the amount of back-row people run nowadays in this format.

To be fair on my end and to prevent angry feedback from other players, I'm going to neutral on this card's return, and let you guys argue amongst yourselves on this card (I'm expecting to see a lot of people mention the Yang Zing monsters, specifically with Bixi).

I know that the format with this topic is pretty similar to that of a Limitation discussion topic, however with as big of a controversial card such as this, I feel the format of this topic should be created in such a fashion, due to the how the fan-base has seen this card as.

Discuss below.
niquon715
niquon715
admin
admin

Posts Posts : 1803
Location Location : tampa,fl

https://celestialdragonz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Goyo Guardian Empty Re: Goyo Guardian

Post by [finalpain]Alpha Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:59 pm

goyo guardian is op considering its eff but d prison and mirror force are back at 3 so it coming back culd be to balance mirror force and d prison
[finalpain]Alpha
[finalpain]Alpha
admin
admin

Posts Posts : 400
Location Location : Earth

Back to top Go down

Goyo Guardian Empty Re: Goyo Guardian

Post by bnds3 Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:23 pm

they are back at 3 AWESOME!!!
bnds3
bnds3